Serengeti Safari Tanzania, 8 Days, African Safari, Tanzania
From: CHF 5'940
Come on an African safari and discover the incredible Serengeti, with the world’s largest animal migrations and best opportunities for big animal observation. As this is a glamping wildlife safari, you’ll be staying in glamorous and luxurious tents.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Relaxed Adventure Holidays
Group Size Small Group
Serengeti Safari Tanzania
Home to the World’s Largest Animal Migration
English Speaking Guides
Park Entry Fees Included
10% Donated to Local Entrepreneurs
Why Do We Recommend It?
A chance to experience some of the world’s most iconic big animals.
10% of the tour cost is reinvested into the local economy by supporting local entrepreneurs.
Luxury camps allow you to feel the epic grandeur of the Serengeti, in style.
Is It Right for Me?
This adventure holiday is suitable for all fitness levels. No skill or fitness is required. It’s a fantastic tour for photographers and animal lovers.
What People Say About The Trip
When you consider the personal touch from the crew, their regard to safety, and the investments the organization makes through microfinance, I can’t imagine traveling with another expedition.
Cheers to adventure!
Can I Go Anytime?
The tour is scheduled for specific dates and you can find those while checking availability in the fields above. However, not all dates are guaranteed to run and some may already have filled. So, just enter the dates you’re interested in and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible with confirmation of availability. We always do our best to get the trip that suits you best.
If you don’t see any dates that work for you, just select Get In Touch and send us a quick message about what would be ideal for you. We’ll do what we can and get back to you with options to make your dream trip a reality.
Itsy Bitsy Details
- Where: Serengeti, Tanzania
- Duration: 8 days
- Tour Starts: Arusha, Tanzania
- Tour Ends: Arusha, Tanzania
- Fly To: Kilimanjaro International Airport, JRO
- Fly From: Kilimanjaro International Airport, JRO
- Group Size: 1 – 12 people
- Age: 16+ (younger if accompanied)
More Great Mixed Tours
- Airport transfers
- Upscale tent accommodations while on safari
- 2 nights lodging in Arusha
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on safari
- Park entry fees
- Guided safari excursions
- All ground transportation to/from safari locations
- Emergency medical & evacuation insurance (required)Personal items (laundry, clothing, snacks, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance (optional but suggested)
- International airfare and meals during travel
- Snacks during trek
- Beverages outside of designated meals
- Single Supplement (415£ if travelling alone or to guarantee a single room)
Serengeti Safari Tanzania
Welcome to the Serengeti, home to the largest animal migrations and best game-viewing in the world. If the awe-inspiring scenery doesn’t take your breath away, the beauty of giraffes, elephants and lions in their natural environment will.
Day 1: Arrive in Arusha
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire
Day 3: Tarangire Game Drive
Day 4: Tarangire to Serengeti
Day 5: Serengeti Game Drive
Day 6: Serengeti to Ngorongoro Crater
Day 7: Ngorongoro Crater to Arusha
Day 8: International departures
Private expeditions are available for this itinerary. Just ask us for details & Pricing.
Packing System: You are responsible for your belongings throughout the Serengeti Safari Tanzania expedition; we recommend a small duffle and/or daypack to carry your clothing and personal items as you journey from one national park to another. Any luggage not needed on the Serengeti Safari Tanzania may be left in storage at the partner lodge in Arusha.
Documents and Logistics
- International flights booked and confirmed to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Flight information submitted
- Passport valid for 6 months after arrival date
- Photocopy of passport
- US Currency for 15 or 30-day Tanzania Visa (available upon arrival for US citizens)
- Medical insurance card
- Cash for tipping guides, buying souvenirs, incidental costs, etc.
- Yellow fever vaccination card (if applicable)
- Light down jacket (for cool mornings and evenings)
- Lightweight, breathable pants (1)
- Shorts, mid-thigh or longer (1)
- Rain jacket
- Synthetic T-shirt (2)
- Waterproof, comfortable boots or athletic shoes – they will get dirty!
- Breathable socks
- Closed-heeled sandals
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletries and medicine
- Hand sanitizer
- *NOTE: Avoid wearing black or dark blue clothing while on safari as the Tsetse fly is attracted to darker clothing and will bite skin, leaving a bite similar to that of a mosquito*
- Reading material for the evenings
- OTC medications (Advil, Imodium, Pepto-bismol etc.)
- Hotel reservations for extended time in Tanzania (if applicable)
- Bandana (for dust and wind)
- Energy bars or snacks in-between meals
- Zip-lock bags for waterproofing passport and other valuables
Due to the ranges in elevation, the climate and temperatures will vary throughout the Serengeti. In June, July, August, September & October the afternoon temperatures are usually between 68°F and 86°F and most days will be clear and sunny. It cools off at night and into the morning so be sure to pack warm clothing because morning game drives in open vehicles will be cold. November through May is considered Tanzania’s “wet” season and rainfall levels will vary throughout these months. Bringing warm clothes and good rain gear will keep you prepared for any weather you may encounter.
Activity Level: Relaxed
Yes. These expeditions do not have any fitness requirements.