Surf Portugal, Portugal Surf Vacations, 7 Days, Surf Tour, Portugal
From: CHF 360
A Weeklong Surf Portugal Course, located right on the Beach by the Surf Breaks. This Portugal Surf Vacation & Surf Camp is perfect to Learn to Surf or improve your Surfing skills. Surf Holidays in Portugal are a great way to get fit, while having an amazing time with amazing people. It really is Very Cool!
It’s all about the surf! You’ll be staying in our villa directly by the beach at the surf spot. Have a great break while learning or improving your surfing.
Our Portugal Surf Vacations camps are designed so that you can quickly learn the basics of surfing and soon be able to ride your first wave. For more advanced surfers, we individually adapt the course content to your abilities.
Surf course content for beginners
You will learn the basics of surfing in our beginner surfing camps and will get to ride your first waves.
- Safety rules and introduction to the surfspot
- Gliding and manoeuvring the surfboard
- Paddling and catching waves
- Takeoff in whitewater
- Foot position and body position on the surfboard
- Manoeuvring the softboard
- Evaluating waves, “green” waves
- Takeoff and surfing on green waves
- Basic theory of surfing
- Video analysis
- Surf to your heart’s content!
We only use new, high-quality soft and fibre boards on our training courses. We select the surfing spot and surfboards according to your ability and the current conditions.
Surf Course Content for Advanced Surfers
The advanced surfing course (level 2 ) is aimed at surfers who have successfully completed at least one week’s surfing course, can perform a safe takeoff, and every so often ride green waves.
- Improve your paddling and diving technique
- Assessing conditions (accurately analyse the tide & wind charts for your location)
- Lining yourself up / timing and positioning of the lineup
- Safely finding and surfing green waves
- Mastering first manoeuvres (bottom turn / top turn)
We adapt the course aims individually to your abilities; you train independently within your course group. Your surfing instructor will give you individual tips to improve your technique, including using video analysis. We also advise you on choosing the right surfboard; we have many different models and shapes for you to try out.
Situated right at the Atlantic ocean, in the dunes of the Ofir national park 30 minutes north of Porto, the surfcamp offers perfect conditions for a relaxing surf holiday.
- 4x twin rooms (shared bath/WC for each two twin rooms)
- 1x 4-bed room (with bath/WC)
- 1x 6-bed room (with bath/WC)
- extra bed possible on request
- Fantastic location directly between the surfing beach and the kitesurfing lagoon
- All surf and SUP spots within short walking distance
- Free use of surfboards and neoprene wetsuits 24/7
- Swimming pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Bright, pleasant double and multi-bed rooms
- Yoga pavillon
- Delicious breakfasts
- Large terrace with BBQ and pizza oven
- Table tennis table and table football
- 2,500 m2 garden with views over the Ofir lagoon
- The FishBar serves both hot & cold drinks as well as the finest Portuguese wine
The Surf Spots
Our main surf spot, beach break with left and right breaking waves. Ideal for beginner and intermediate surfers. Sandy beach without any rocks and hardly any currents. Works best on high tide.
Beach break with long right hander. Holds bigger swells until 3 meters. Ideal for beginners up to experienced surfers. No rocks or currents. Works best on low and mid tides.
Secret spot. Beach break in front of a river mouth. Hollow but fast right and left waves. No rocks, but medium currents (depending on tide). Works best on incoming tides.
Check out all of our Surf Tours
- 20 hours ISA-accredited intensive surfing course, spread across 5 days (Mon – Fri)
- 7 nights in our in beautiful, top located surfcamp right at the surf spot (double room available with a surcharge)
- Evaluation evening with video analysis at the camp to improve surfing technique
- Free usage of surfboards and wet-suits 24/7
- The week’s photos to take home with you
- 1 free SUP session (on Sunday)
- Free pick-up from the Esposende bus station (24/7 airport transfer possible subject to a surcharge)
Other optional items:
Yoga session 10€ per person
Breakfast 8€ per person per day
Packed lunch 3€ per person per day
Evening meal €12 per person per day
Accompanying persons – we are happy to offer a special price for any accompanying persons not taking a surfing course
Arrival and check-in from 2pm to midnight / 8pm big welcome BBQ
10am Breakfast / Welcome and briefing / SUP tour / Trial yoga session / 6pm Excursion & sunset dinner
Monday - Friday
Monday - Friday
8 am Yoga / 9.30 am Breakfast / from 11 am surfing course until approx. 3.30 pm / Free surfing / 6 pm Yoga / 8 pm Dinner
7 pm To the best fish restaurant in Portugal: the Cabana! / Party afterwards at the FishBar
10 pm Movie night in the lounge
8 pm Cook your own pizza in the brick oven / Photos and videos of the week / Final evening at the FishBar
Activity Level: Relaxed
Yes, this one is fine for anybody who can swim and would like to either learn to surf or improve their surfing. You are free to surf as much or as little as you like and you are always supervised by qualified instructors during the courses.